Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark...

Friday, June 11, 2010

Friday's Top 5... TV Shows Destined To Become Films


#5: Deadwood

Truthfully, I don't really think this is likely but *sigh* a girl can dream, can't she?


#4: Moonlighting

Hey, if Miami Vice and The A-Team can get the big screen treatment, why not Moonlighting? With the right casting and the right mix of action and romance, it would have a wide potential appeal.


#3:The Sopranos

They've got to, right? I mean, it can't just end like that.


#2: Glee

Mark my words: one day this will happen. It will be big, the soundtrack will be huge, and there will once again be a chorus of people saying that the musical is back. Mark my words.


#1: 24

This one actually isn't even theoretical, as Kiefer Sutherland has already stated his intention to develop the show as a film franchise. Will it work without the gimmick? Probably - all you need is some stuff blowing up real good.

9 comments:

Alex said...

Hmm interesting choices. I'd say you're probably right about Glee and I guess 24 is a give-in.

Personally I'm still waiting on my Arrested Development and Pushing Daisies movies. No actual hope for the latter though.

Anh Khoi Do said...

I can't say anything for Moonlighting, The Sopranos or Glee. However, I'm with you for Deadwood. A soon-to-be former History student can dream, can he? As for 24, I'd rather rent it on DVD if it was developed into a film franchise. After all, from the sixth to the eighth season (okay, maybe less in the seventh season), I felt that the writers were just recycling old ideas that were seen in previous seasons.

As for my personal choices, I'll go with Dexter, Party Down, Durham County and Flashpoint.

M. Carter @ the Movies said...

I always hoped for "Adventures of Brisco County Jr.," "Wonderfalls" and "Pushing Daisies" to become movies, but I may be alone in this.

Also "Veronica Mars." That show, much like "Firefly," ended before its time.

Norma Desmond said...

@ Alex: I didn't want to jinx the Arrested Development movie by naming it.

@Anh Khoi Do: I'm not really a fan of 24 myself, but I can see how it could easily translate to film. Same with Flashpoint, now that you mention it.

@ M. Carter: ohmygod another person who watched Brisco County Jr.? That show was awesome and my introduction to the amazingness that is Bruce Campbell.

Rachel said...

I wish they wouldn't make 24 into a film franchise, because the show ended just fine on its own and there is nothing left to explore. To make one now would just cheapen it, especially if they dragged it out to a neverending series.

Ruben Romero said...

If Moonlighting would be made into a movie, Kutcher would be casted as David Addison, and I am NOT cool with that

Reel Whore said...

I'm all for a Deadwood, Moonlighting & Glee film. I so want to see a Deadwood movie.

I love Moonlighting, Dave & Maddie so much, though, it'd take some excellent writing and casting to capture the flare of the show. Maybe they could get Cybil & Bruce to be in it and be training new detectives? Maybe it'd make the transition less painful for me. :-)

Ruben Romero said...

And Booger could be the client....soooo good

Reel Whore said...

A Booger cameo would rock. Good call.