Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark...

Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Aughts 100

I know, I know. The time to make a best of list was at the beginning of the year, not eight months into it, but since there were still a few movies that I wanted to make sure I had a chance to see before making my list, I put it off. Now the list is done and, starting tomorrow, I'll spend the next two weeks counting down the 100 movies that I feel are the best that the years 2000 through 2009 have to offer. Feedback is always welcome, so please feel free to weigh in with your thoughts on the list and point out any movies I may have missed (I'm sure there will be a few).

2 comments:

The Taxi Driver said...

Looking forward to it. If anything, it's to your advantage to do it eight months in because back in Janurary it seemed like everyone and his brother had a best of the decade list and they were becoming tiring. At least now we can focus on yours.

Ryan McNeil said...

I like this idea too as the eight months will give the 2009 films a bit more context.

I wrote about MAGNOLIA just before New Year's last December and pointed out that it gets listed on darned near every list of the 90's best movies, despite hitting theatres just four days from the end of the decade.

Woulda been hard to include it at the time!