Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark...

Saturday, October 21, 2017

The Flick Chick Turns Ten


Ten years ago today I planted a flag in my little corner of the internet by publishing my first post on a blog I decided to call The Flick Chick. Since then I've written over 2,000 posts, seen a staggering number of movies, and written more words about movies than I can count. To commemorate the occasion I'm going to be counting down my picks for the 100 best movies released between October 21, 2007 and October 21, 2017.

Since release dates can be kind of nebulous due to the various kinds of wide and limited release schedules distributors use and the fact that movies get released in North America and elsewhere at different times, I'm narrowing consideration for my start date to movies that hit theaters in North America on or after October 21, 2007 (meaning foreign films that played in their countries of origin earlier but didn't play here until after that date are eligible) and my end date to movies that are playing in wide release today (meaning that anything that's only in limited release in North America as of this weekend isn't eligible).

The countdown starts Monday, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

thevoid99 said...

Happy 10th Anniversary Norma.

Helen said...

Congratulations on 10 years! I'm not even sure how long I've been reading you but I always enjoy your reviews. I especially like those of films I likely won't get to see because they won't come to my little corner of the world.

Dell said...

Congrats on making it to a full decade! Looking forward to see how your list plays out.