Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark...

Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday's Top 5... My Most Anticipated Movies of the Fall



#5: The Rum Diary


From the looks of the trailer, it appears that Johnny Depp is back in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas mode (which makes sense since The Rum Diary is adapted from a novel by Hunter S. Thompson), and that is definitely a good thing.



#4: A Dangerous Method


David Cronenberg and Viggo Mortensen have proven to be a great combination twice before - A History of Violence and Eastern Promises - and this time they add Michael Fassbender and Keira Knightley to the mix.



#3: The Skin I Live In


When I counted down my favourite films from 2000-2009, all four films that Pedro Almodovar made during the decade made my list, so of course his new film is going to be on my "must see" list. The premise of the film sounds super creepy but very interesting.



#2: The Ides of March


Let's see: a political drama written, directed and starring George Clooney, also starring Ryan Gosling, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, and Marisa Tomei? Sign me up.



#1: The Artist


I can't remember the last time I was so intrigued by a movie. The Artist is about a silent film star whose career falls apart with the advent of the talkies. The story might not sound revolutionary, but the film itself is silent, which is exciting since silent films faded out of theaters about 80 years ago. Can't wait!

No comments: