Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark...

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Best Picture Countdown


For the past couple of years I've dedicated the period from the day of Oscar nominations through the day of the Oscar telecast to celebrating all things Oscar. This year will be no different, but I'd like to change things up a bit. This year I'd like to post reviews of all the past winners of Best Picture and since that is a massive undertaking for such a short time span, I'm asking for help!

I already have reviews for about half (give or take) of the Best Picture winners, but there are a bunch that, for whatever reason, I either haven't seen or haven't reviewed yet. If you have any interest in reviewing one or more of the following movies, please contact me and/or stake your claim in the comments and I'll email you with more details:

Wings
The Broadway Melody
Cimarron
Cavalcade
Mutiny on the Bounty
The Great Ziegfeld
You Can't Take It With You
Rebecca
Mrs. Miniver
Going My Way
The Lost Weekend
Gentleman's Agreement
Hamlet
All The King's Men
The Greatest Show On Earth
From Here To Eternity
Marty
Around the World in 80 Days
Tom Jones
My Fair Lady
The Sound of Music
In The Heat of the Night
Oliver!
The Sting
Rocky
The Deer Hunter
Kramer vs. Kramer
Ordinary People
Chariots of Fire
Gandhi
Terms of Endearment
Platoon
The Last Emperor
Rain Man
Dances With Wolves
The Silence of the Lambs
Forrest Gump
Braveheart
The English Patient
Shakespeare In Love
Gladiator
A Beautiful Mind
Million Dollar Baby
Crash


7 comments:

Shubhajit said...

Interesting venture. I have seen quite a few of the movies in that list, and certainly am interested in reviewing a few of those. Let me know the details.

Lyz said...

I can do Silence of the Lambs and In the Heat of the Night, if that's okay.

SugaryCynic said...

Hi! Saw your plug on the LAMB, could I do the English Patient, or maybe Braveheart?

Robert said...

I too saw your plug! I would love to take Ordinary People.

Elwood Jones said...

Hey I would love to do "Greatest Show on Earth" as been looking for an excuse to write about that movie for ages.

Thaddeus said...

Nice idea! I'll take Rebecca, if you don't mind.

Courtney Small said...

Always willing to help out a fellow Canuck. I can do Million Dollar Baby