As some of you may know, the 2010 LAMMYs are upon us and voting is now underway to determine this year's nominees. I don't want to sway ya or nothin' but if you were to throw a vote my way, I certainly wouldn't object...
On another note, I was tagged by Vanessa and The Floating Red Couch for the latest meme sweeping the film blogging community, so here they are, 10 movie facts about me:
1. I was 15 when Titanic came out and ended up seeing it several times in the theater. The first time because I wanted to, all subsequent times because one of my best friends was convinced that her boyfriend looked like Leonardo DiCaprio and all she wanted to for like a year was go see Titanic.
2. The first movie I can ever remember seeing in the theater is Bambi.
3. I hate 3D. Haaaaaaate it.
4. I am one of the five people on earth who has not seen Avatar.
5. I will watch Naomi Watts in just about anything, even something as lame and insulting to my intelligence as The Ring Two
6. The first film studies class I took at university totally changed my life and the way that I look at and interpret the world. It also pretty much turned me from a movie buff to a movie obsessive.
7. I know that the perfect storm of Pearl Harbor, Bennifer, and Gigli has perhaps forever derailed his career, but I'd like to see Ben Affleck get back to doing more high profile work. I think he's a better actor than he's often given credit for and I'd take him over the ubiquitous Gerard Butler any day of the week.
8. My favourite movie is Casablanca.
9. I didn't like Sideways or Lost In Translation. I realize that that's sacrilege to film fans, but there it is.
10. I have had entire conversations made up of quotes from Anchorman. Once you start, things tend to escalate quickly.