Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark...

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

10 Most Anticipated Movies of the Fall

The best time of the movie-going year is upon us and I've compiled my list of the 10 movies I'm most looking forward to. Of course, Friday's announcement that Shutter Island has been pushed back to 2010 necessitated a bit of rethinking, given that it originally occupied the #1 spot on my list, but luckily there are still plenty of films to choose from:

#10: Whip It (October 9)



#9: The Invention of Lying (September 25)


#8: Coco Before Chanel (September 25)


#7: Creation (TBA)


#6: The Informant! (September 18)


#5: Broken Embraces (November 20)


#4: Sherlock Holmes (December 25)


#3: Where The Wild Things Are (October 16)


#2: The Road (October 16)


#1: Nine (November 25)

4 comments:

filmgeek said...

I'm gutted that Shutter Island has been pushed back but I'm still really excited about Nine

Norma Desmond said...

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the logic of pushing Shutter Island back. It's finished, it's already been screened and received positive feedback, it has several Oscar friendly names attached... yeah, I don't get it.

Anh Khoi Do said...

I fell from my chair when I learned about the pushing of Shutter Island. Seriously, having the release postponed wouldn't make Shutter Island more visible for the next Oscars. That's like saying - without giving the benefit of the doubt - that the jury at the Oscars is so unprofessional that its members can't remember all the good American films released during the whole year 2009. Anyway, I hope Whip It, Coco Before Chanel and The Road will be worth the wait.

Vanessa said...

Great list! I really want to see Coco before Chanel! That looks promising although it did get some bad reviews. Nine also looks great!