Just us, the cameras, and those wonderful people out there in the dark...

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Alphabet Meme

Rachel from Rachel's Reel Reviews tagged me for the meme started by Fletch over at Blog Cabins. The rules are simple: pick your favourite film for each letter of the alphabet. For me A, B, M and O were the toughest to whittle down, while Q, X, Y, Z were tough for the exact opposite reason. Here's the full list:

Annie Hall
Bonnie and Clyde
Casablanca
Dodsworth
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Fargo
Godfather, The
Hud
I Heart Huckabees
Jackie Brown
Kill Bill, Volume 2
Last Picture Show, The
Moonstruck
Network
Once Upon A Time In The West
Purple Rose of Cairo, The
Quiz Show
Raging Bull
Sunset Boulevard
Third Man, The
Untergand, Der
Very Long Engagement, A
Waiting For Guffman
X-Men
Year of Living Dangerously, The
Zoolander

... and I'll tag:

Mad Hatter at The Dark of The Matinee
Alex at Film Forager
Ibetolis at Film For The Soul
Anh Khoi Do at Anh Koi Do and Movies

6 comments:

Reel Whore said...

I've always wanted to see A Very Long Engagement. I adore Audry Tautou.

Norma Desmond said...

It's very good. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

Anh Khoi Do said...

Speaking about Kill Bill, I got to say that I liked the first volume more than the second one. Anyway, that's coming from the point of view of someone who likes action movies.

Secondly, while looking at your list, I got to say that I just saw a few of them. Moreover, I'm definitely interested to see A Very Long Engagement, Once Upon A Time in the West and Fargo. However, speaking about Westerns, I haven't seen many of them, but my favourite one, for the moment, remains The Englishman's Boy.

Anyway, thanks for tagging me!

Norma Desmond said...

If you're looking for good westerns, I highly recommend The Ox-Bow Incident, Red River, The Searchers and Ride The High Country.

Rachel said...

Great list! I think I've lost count of how many people put "Eternal Sunshine" for their "E" choice. But what do you expect with such a fantastic film?

Alex said...

Hey, thanks for the tag. This was tough but I did my best. Great list, by the way!